Mushroom Marsala Pasta with Artichokes
(Adapted from Giada DeLaurentis)
Serves 4 to 6
3 tablespoons olive oil1 small onion, finely chopped
1 pound mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned and chopped into small bits (I used baby bellas)
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 1 tablespoon for pasta water
1 cup dry Marsala wine
1 pound pasta,
1/2 pound frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (I used canned)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for one minute. Add the mushrooms and one teaspoon of the salt. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until all the moisture has evaporated and the mushrooms have cooked down, about 10 minutes (though this took me much less time). Add the Marsala and continue cooking until almost all the wine has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Stir in remaining salt. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta and add it into the mushrooms, Marsala and onions Add the artichoke hearts, Parmesan and cream and cook until the artichokes are heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and pepper, then adjust seasonings to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
4 comments:
I like this goal! and haha, poor danny!
I usually try to eat meatless once a week :) That's about all I can handle. I love me some meat! But good luck to you, and to your kin.
Christie,
I just saw your blog. Your family is super cute! Where are you living now? I like the vegetarian idea. I've done a bit of that cooking...except with no dairy and meat products in the food (kids allergies). I like it because I always look and feel the best when I eat that way! I'd love to see your recipes! Good luck!
Hey Laura! I live in Provo now. Danny is going to BYU. Where are you guys? Last I heard you were in Idaho...
Post a Comment