Not much to look at.
Really sad looking room.

Love the overall look of this room.
Loved this striking blue color. So I love the look of the top picture. However, I wanted to make more impact with the paint color. So I decided that I would "meet in the middle" with a color by the name of "embellished blue" . You can't go wrong with Embellished Blue can you? Well this was the result...
Yikes!
Trust me. It looked worse in person. Due to my current condition, I wanted to avoid the paint fumes so my wonderful husband and brother David painted the entire living room. After David went home Danny and I were sitting on the loveseat looking at the walls. I asked him what he thought of it. "It's really blue" he says, trying to spare my feelings. I blurted out that I hated it and then proceeded to cry. I woke up that next moring not hating it as much as the night before but then my mother told me that all I needed was pink flamingos on the wall. So... I painted it again. My mother offered to help which Iwas great because I didn't want to put Danny and Dave through that again. We picked out some fabric for drapes and took a color from that. And here are the results...
Much better!
My beautiful drapes mommy made for me!
I still have a lot I want to do. I want to bring some hints of orange, chocolate brown and zebra print. It's a lot of blue right now, but I love it so much more that both of the before pictures!
5 comments:
Don't ever do anything drastic when you're pregnant, like cut your hair, I did that... I love the new color and drapes, when is mom going to make me some???
Hello prego cousin. Very nice on the room...it also looks like you added a couple new chairs and pillows too. I wish I was allowed to paint my walls :(
Yeah a couple of "grandma chairs" as danny calls them... Paint can do so much for a room! You can't paint even if you promise to paint back?
Mel, mom will make you some if you hang some hideous ones up and take pictures and say how much you thought you would like them and then how sad you are that they didn't turn out and how you just aren't talented in this area like your mother is...
I love the Living room! It's great!! I really do love the cutains, your Mom did a great job, and good choice on the re-color of the room. Very dramatic, yet peaceful!
I totally didn't know you had a blog. I am adding you to mine
Post a Comment